Equality USDA is focused on enriching the work-life of LGBTQ+ USDA employees and retirees by building a Federal workplace where employees feel safe bringing their full authentic selves to work. The acronym “LGBTQ+” is used by Equality USDA to represent the range of sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions present in our world, including but not limited to: lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, pansexual, two Spirit, gender nonconforming, nonbinary, intersex, asexual, and ally.
The mission of Equality USDA is to create and continue to foster a work environment free of discrimination and harassment based on sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
Equality USDA seeks to make USDA a place where you can grow your own destiny, no matter who you are or whom you love.
Our Executive Board
- President: Jeremy Wood (on detail to the Office of the Secretary’s Chief Diversity and Inclusion Office, Farm Production and Conservation Mission Area)
- Vice-President: Adriana Campagna (Natural Resources Conservation Service)
- Communications Director: Justin Fritscher (Farm Production and Conservation Business Center)
- Treasurer: Chris Nasados (Food and Nutrition Service)
- Secretary: Rachel Frei (Natural Resources Conservation Service)
- Community Outreach & Engagement Committee Co-Chairs: Cristina Miller (Rural Development) and Zephyr Usinger (Natural Resources Conservation Service)
- Past President: Meghan Walter (Natural Resources Conservation Service)